4a. UL Listed Mechanical Locks
SECURITY FEATURE #4: UL LISTED MECHANICAL LOCKS
- The best locks in the world are on Liberty Safes! Top rated Sargent & Greenleaf UL Listed mechanical locks are a standard feature* on all large capacity Liberty Safes. S&G uses a dual functioning heat & drill resistant RELOCKER INSIDE THE LOCK. Each mechanical lock has a unique 3-number combination code found in the use & care manual. A key locking dial is standard.
*Exception is a non-UL mechanical lock on Centurion 12
BENEFITS of UL LISTED MECHANICAL LOCKS:
- Some customers like the traditional feel of a combination dial without the worry of replacing batteries.
- If lock is ever tampered with by drilling or torching, the relocker built inside fires and locks up the last tumbler. Other safes companies use cheap locks that have NO RELOCKERS. The internal relocker is one of the reasons Liberty locks are UL Listed and more secure.
- Key locking dial is a day lock feature that adds security by keeping the dial from turning. Security Note: The keylock alone is not total security. For maximum security, the dial/lock should always be spun by the owner before the key locking dial is used.
- The "87" key lock feature allows floor models to be locked in the open position (at "87"). Customers can open and close floor models without spinning the dial and locking the safe door. Now that's convenience!