5. Hardplate Lock Protectors
SECURITY FEATURE #5: HARDPLATES
- Hardplate is processed steel that has been heat treated to achieve a much harder surface. They are placed in front of the lock. Liberty uses two (2) types of hardplates-triple layered and ball-bearing.
BENEFITS of HARDPLATES
- Hardplates protect the lock and mechanism from drilling or punching. Liberty installs either one of the following two methods:
- The Triple Layered hardplate shakes and chews up drill bits when drilled. UL couldn't even get through Liberty's second of three hardplates!
- The Ball-Bearing hardplate snaps drill bits! When a drill bit hits one of the many ball bearings encased in the hardplate the bit snaps or spins on the bearing forever.